Student Organization Funding
Funding for engineering student organizations is awarded through the Engineering Funding Advisory Committee (FAC). The purpose of FAC is to make recommendations to the School of Engineering's Associate Dean of Undergraduate Programs in regards to financial support for engineering student organizations. This financial support shall serve as partial funding for events held throughout the academic year.
The Q3 meeting will take place on Monday, January 29, 2018. It will start at 6:00 pm in LEEP 1415. This is the conference room outside the student success suite. The applications for funding will be due to me by Friday January 26, 2018 at 5:00pm. NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please send complete application packages to my email firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, in the subject line, use the format “ FAC Q3 Application for [student group name].” A complete application package consists of the following items:
1. FAC Application (attached to this email). Applications responses should be typed, or neatly written. If possible, please submit this application as a PDF.
2. A clear and complete budget which outlines expected expenses and funding sources. This budget should be submitted as a PDF. Budgets in excel sheet format are not acceptable.
3. A 2-3 minute presentation. If you will be utilizing PowerPoint slides, please include the slides with your application package.
4. Meeting Attendance. At least one organization representative must attend the FAC meeting to present in front of the FAC committee. This presentation will last approximately 5 minutes. The first 2-3 minutes will be the presentation and the last 2-3 minutes will be allowed for questions.
5. Departmental Match Form (attached to this email). This form does not need to be included with your application package, but will need to be turned in to be before the presentation begins. You may give it to me at the FAC meeting.
For FAC eligibility in the school year 2017-2018 each engineering student group is required to make a presentation, at a general ESC meeting, of no more than 3 minutes demonstrating their purpose, activities and if applicable what they have used their previously allocated FAC funds for (conferences, projects, etc.). This presentation must take place during either the Fall semester of 2017 or Spring semester of 2018 otherwise groups will not be eligible to receive funding next school year. You can find the sign up below.
Sign up using the form below.