One on One … Jayhawks on the Job
Wednesday, January 10, 2018
1:00 - 4:30pm
What is it?
Jayhawks on the Job is an event sponsored by the School of Engineering that allows students to “shadow” an engineering or computing professional during the course of a workday afternoon. Because this is a career exploration program freshmen and sophomore students are given preference.
When is it?
Wednesday, January 10 from 1:00 – 4:30 p.m.
1:00 Students arrive, via their own transportation, at the host business location.
1:00-4:30 Students shadow engineering / computing hosts.
Where is it?
Jayhawks on the Job for Engineering & Computing Students 2018 takes place during Winter Break when many students are back home or traveling – so even if your host location is outside of the Kansas City / Topeka area, we may be able to match up a student(s) for your location.
What are the objectives?
- To provide students with a focused experience that enhances their understanding of a particular field
- To provide an opportunity for students to learn more about themselves and refine their career goals.
- To provide an opportunity for students to network with engineering & computing professionals.
- To provide an opportunity for the engineering/computing community to interact with KU School of Engineering students.
How does it work?
- Engineers and Computing professionals are recruited
- Students sign-up and indicate their major and field or fields of interest
- Students are matched with professionals based on their major and field of interest.
- Students accompany professional hosts throughout a normal workday afternoon.
- Hosts are encouraged to involve students in as many activities as possible
* This program is based on and somewhat similar to the KU School of Business job shadow program. We appreciate them allowing us to utilize their ideas and format.