Engineering Recognition Ceremonies
2021 Virtual Engineering Recognition Ceremony Set for Saturday, May 15
KU Engineering will honor graduates from Summer 2020, Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 with a special video recognition ceremony that will go live on the School of Engineering YouTube channel on Saturday, May 15. The ceremony will include names of all 2021 graduates at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The School will also recognize graduate and undergraduate student award winners, as well as the winners of several faculty awards. The university has commencement ceremonies planned for May 16 and May 23.
Graduating Student Photo Submissions
The School of Engineering will include submitted photos of graduates from Summer 2020, Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 on the screen during the ceremony as names are announced. The deadline to submit a photo is noon, Saturday, May 1.
Students can stop by LEEP2, room 1415, between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. each weekday to have their picture taken in front of the School of Engineering backdrop. Students choosing this option should be aware they will need to remove their mask for the 30 seconds or so that the picture is taken.
Graduates can also email a photo to email@example.com.
A few guidelines for submitted photos:
- The subject line should be: Department_Major_Degree Level_LastName_FirstName. (For example CEAE_Civil_Bachelors_Shew_Dawn).
- Hold the phone landscape style and frame the photo from the waist up. Try to limit the amount of headroom.
- Face forward, hands at sides.
- This virtual ceremony is open to the public, so please keep friends, family and future employers in mind as attire is selected for the photo. Students can wear regalia, their favorite KU attire, or business casual.
- Review the photo before sending to ensure the facial expression looks ok, etc.,
Please do not send multiple photos and please make sure no one else is in the photo, so it is easy to identify the graduate in each photo.