Attend a Career Fair
When is the next career fair?
February 8, 2018
The Engineering Career Center sponsors a Career Fair during the fall semester and one during the spring semester. Target hundreds of students from a variety of engineering and computing disciplines and levels.
Setup is typically from 8:30 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Lunch is available at your convenience from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. at The Market, Kansas Union 3rd Floor.
The fall career fair runs from 12 p.m. - 5 p.m.
The spring career fair runs from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Increase your company's visibility on campus
- More than 1,200 students and alumni attend the event in the fall and more than 800 students and alumni attend in the spring.
- Screen candidates at the fair and take advantage of Next-Day Interviewing
- Develop early connections with first-year students, Sophomores, and Juniors
- Collect resumes and build a pool of candidates for current and future hiring needs
- Current University of Kansas students (any major)
- Previous students or alumni of University of Kansas (any major)
- Current students attending KU pre-engineering or dual degree engineering programs at Baker University and Washburn University
- Individuals who attended colleges/universities OUTSIDE of the immediate area (75 mile radius) may pre-register to attend by requesting reciprocal services. Please e-mail email@example.com and include, name, university attended, and years attended. An e-mail from the individual’s college career center requesting reciprocal services on the student’s behalf, may also be requested
- Students INSIDE the immediate area (75 mile radius) may not attend unless, as stated above, they are attending KU pre-engineering or dual degree programs at Baker and Washburn
Events Before the Career Fair
For further information please contact Janelle Whisler at 785-864-4206 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next-Day Interviews happen on the day after the career fair (fall and spring). Interviewing typically goes on from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Interviews will be held in the LEEP 2 Engineering Building.
Since you will already be in Lawrence, we invite you to take advantage of the convenient opportunity to interview the great students you meet at our career fairs. With "Next-Day Interviews," you can create your own interview schedule as students stop by your display at the career fair. Invite the students that interest you to interview the next day and select a time slot that is mutually agreeable.
We provide tables in a large room setting, free parking and lunch.
For questions about next-day interviews please contact Lindsey McCaig at 785-864-2989 or email@example.com.