Graduate Engineering Association (GEA) Annual Research Competition
On April 20, 2017 the Graduate Engineering Association (GEA) will hold their Annual Research Competition. This event gives undergraduate and graduate engineering students the opportunity to present their research in a poster or presentation competition. Students apply online for the GEA Research Competition. Application deadline extended - applications are due by 12:00 PM, Monday, April 10th. Students may participate in both the poster and/or presentation competition and cash prizes are awarded to top competitors by GEA. There is supplemental information to help students prepare for the competition on the School of Engineering resources website. Contact email@example.com with questions about this event.
- Applications for both the poster and presentation competition can be submitted online here, or submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completed applications including abstracts are due in March.
- Space may be limited – submit early to secure a spot
- Future competition dates and locations will be posted in February.
- Winning Participants will be notified via email and identified by GEA.
Presentations will be accepted from any graduate student currently registered in the
School of Engineering, as long as the poster is based on original research performed at KU. Participants may present research that is currently submitted to a professional conference. Submissions may have multiple authors, including undergraduate students, students from other disciplines within the university, or people from private firms; the abstract should reflect multiple authorship if the work was carried out by teams. The lead author will be responsible for presenting at the competition.
Complete the Participant Application included with this flier and email to email@example.com on or before March 30th. The abstract should be no more than 200 words. Competition space is limited, so please submit abstracts as soon as possible. Abstracts will be used to organize the competition and will be published in the competition program. The abstracts will not be judged as part of the competition.
- GEA is not responsible for printing your poster
- Printing requests are to be submitted electronically to the Engineering Computer Commons at least 24 hours prior to competition.
- Make sure to practice your “poster talk”
- Poster presentations should be technical and field specific, but take care to promote the overall purpose and goals of the research to ensure the presentation is accessible to the general public
A list of all participants will be posted to this site after the application deadline.
2016 Research Competition Winners
GEA Poster Winner
- 1st Place, Renae Waters, BioE PhD
- 2nd Place, Cate Wisdom, BioE PhD
- 3rd Place, Pallavi Bobba, C&PE PhD
GEA Presentation Winners
- 1st Place, Danqing Yu, CE PhD
- 2nd Place, James Coll, EnvS MS
- 3rd Place, Rouzbeh Khajehdehi, CE PhD
A full list of last years participants can be found here.