Wednesday, January 11, 2017
1:00 - 4:30 pm
Register now and select your company
Jayhawks on the Job timeline
|December 20 - January 2||Open company selection|
|January 11, 2016, 1:00 - 4:30pm||Jayhawks on the Job takes place|
What is it?
Jayhawks on the Job is a career exploration event that allows engineering and computing students to “shadow” an industry professional for an afternoon. Students accompany their professional hosts throughout a normal workday afternoon. Hosts are encouraged to involve students in as many activities as possible. Because this is a career exploration program freshmen and sophomore students are given preference.
Where is it?
Jayhawks on the Job takes place at the selected employer’s location.
Students are responsible for providing their own transportation.
Who’s it for?
Jayhawks on the Job is a career exploration experience for engineering or computing students interested in:
- gaining experience that enhances their understanding of a particular field.
- learning more about themselves and refining their career goals.
- networking with engineering & computing professionals.
How does it work?
- Students should pre-register to have early access to company selection.
- Based on the timeline above, students will be e-mailed instructions on how to select the company they want shadow with.
- After all company selection is complete on January 2, your information will be forwarded to the company you selected. The company will contact you directly with instructions for the day of the job shadow.
* This program is modeled after and somewhat similar to the KU School of Business job shadow program. We appreciate them allowing us to utilize their ideas and format.