Participation and Progress
All Fellows are expected to meet the requirements of the SELF Program. SELF Fellows will be reviewed each semester for completing the program objectives and making satisfactory progress toward their engineering degree. At the end of each academic year, all fellowships will be considered for renewal. The requirements are:
- Actively participate in all SELF program activities including workshops, seminars and meetings with mentors and advisers, fully complete and return all assigned written activities and actively participate in the development program. The program time commitment is approximately 80 hours a year. This is in addition to preparation and time spent in outside activities.
- Make satisfactory progress toward a degree (on-time graduation and minimum 3.0 GPA requirements).
- Remain in good academic standing. Academic misconduct will result in immediate suspension from the SELF Program.
Other Program Elements
Each student, working in conjunction with SELF program staff, will develop a leadership study plan for their academic career that includes specific goals for attending workshops, courses and seminars. The plan should address areas such as:
- Preparing communication and leadership skills necessary to be successful leaders in the workplace.
- Understanding cultural and societal effects on the engineering and technology market.
- Gaining the necessary basic business skills.
- Selecting academic classes and extracurricular involvement that best fosters leadership development.