- Must be admissible to the University of Kansas by assured admissions or individual review AND
- Have a 3.0+ GPA AND
- Have a mathematics ACT score of 22+ (or math SAT score of 550+)
Students may be admitted to engineering or computer science degree program as freshmen (first year) students. Official high school transcripts and ACT or SAT scores are required. Students with a 3.0+ high school GPA and a 26+ Math ACT (620+ Math SAT) or meet eligibility requirements for MATH 125 (Calculus I) may be admitted directly into their chosen major, with the exception of those seeking admission into an EECS program.
Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Interdisciplinary Computing (EECS) students must have a 3.0+ high school GPA and a 28+ Math ACT (660+ Math SAT) or eligibility for MATH 125 for direct admission.
First-year General Engineering
Students with a 22-25 Math ACT (550-610 Math SAT) or meet eligibility requirements for Math 104 (Pre-Calculus) are admitted to the School of Engineering in the First-Year General Engineering non-degree program for undergraduate students. First-year General Engineering students have one academic year (two semesters and one summer) to transition into a degree program. Admission to a degree program is possible after one of the following is met:
- Complete 12+ credit hours at KU, earn a "B" or higher in Math 104 (Pre-Calculus), earn a "C" or higher in all science and engineering courses, and earn a KU GPA of 2.5+ OR
- Earn a "C" or better in MATH 125 (Calculus I), earn a "C" or better in all science and engineering courses, and earn a KU GPA of 2.5+
Students not admitted directly to the School of Engineering or their major but are admissible to the university may be admitted to the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences as a pre-engineering student. They can later re-apply to the School of Engineering during the semester they are completing the admission requirements for transfer students.
Transfer students must meet the following:
- Be admissible to KU AND
- Earn a cumulative college transferable grade-point average of 2.5+ AND
- Earn a "C" or better in MATH 125 (Calculus I, or its direct equivalent) AND
- Earn grades of "C" or better in math, science, and engineering applicable to the engineering degree.
Applications from all transfer students are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Students must also complete their last 30 hours of credit at KU. For more information on transfer credits, see Undergraduate Admissions.
Students who are currently enrolled at KU, needs to meet the following:
- Earn a 2.5+ KU GPA
- Earn a C or better in MATH 125 or its direct equivalent
- Earn a C or better in all math, science, and engineering courses
Current students admitted to other academic units may apply to the School of Engineering by completing a Change of School form. This must be turned in to the ExxonMobil Student Success Suite front desk, located in LEEP2, room 1415.
Please contact a member of our recruitment team, 785-864-3881, if you have any questions.
- November 1 - Priority scholarship deadline for incoming freshmen
- December 1 - Deadline to apply for the Self Engineering Leadership Fellows Program for incoming freshmen
- May 1 - Enrollment Deposit Due