Graduate Engineering Association (GEA)
The Graduate Engineering Association or GEA acts as "the voice of graduate students" in the School of Engineering and represents engineering across campus. GEA also serves as the bridge between graduate students and KU administrators. All currently enrolled graduate students are considered members of GEA. The organization further provides professional development, research/outreach, and travel opportunities for all graduate students in the school. More information about each committee is listed below. To get invoved with the organization, email firstname.lastname@example.org or one of the Graduate Ambassadors.
- Governance: Participates in student, faculty, and SoE senate meetings. View PDF
- Professional Development: Plans career-building workshops (academia and industry). View PDF
- Public Relations & Marketing: Creates media content to highlight student’s research and achievements. View PDF
- Recruitment: Brings more students, which creates more research eventually making your degree more valuable. View PDF
- Research & Outreach: Offers a platform to showcase research projects and serve the community. View PDF
- Social: Provides opportunities to meet other graduate students and take a break from research and school. View PDF
- Travel: Funds student’s travel and registration required for conferences. GEA Travel Funding applications are now open. View PDF
GEA held a General Assemby this fall semester to outline to goals for the organization and solicite volunteers for organization activities. View their presentation here.
Please complete a short survey to help GEA identify student needs.