- Must be admissible to the University of Kansas by assured admissions or individual review AND
- Have a 3.0+ high school GPA AND
- Have a mathematics ACT score of 22+ (or math SAT score of 540+); OR demonstrate mathematics preparedness by achieving a ‘B’ or better in a ‘college algebra’ or higher; OR a ‘C’ or better in a high school calculus course; OR credit earned via IB or AP credit for the same in accordance with KU placement credit requirements.
Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Interdisciplinary Computing (EECS) students must have a 3.0+ high school GPA and a 28+ Math ACT (660+ Math SAT), OR have a ‘C’ or better in a high school calculus course, or credit earned via IB or AP credit for the same in accordance with KU placement credit requirements, or otherwise have eligibility for MATH 125, for direct admission.
Transfer students must meet the following:
- Be admissible to KU AND
- Earn a cumulative college transferable grade-point average of 2.5+ AND
- Earn a "C" or better in MATH 125 (Calculus I, or its direct equivalent) AND
- Earn grades of "C" or better in math, science, and engineering applicable to the engineering degree.
Applications from all transfer students are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Students must also complete their last 30 hours of credit at KU. For more information on transfer credits, see Undergraduate Admissions.
Students who are currently enrolled at KU, needs to meet the following:
- Earn a 2.5+ KU GPA
- Earn a C or better in MATH 125 or its direct equivalent
- Earn a C or better in all math, science, and engineering courses
Current students admitted to other academic units may apply to the School of Engineering by completing a Change of School form.
Please contact a member of our recruitment team, 785-864-3881, if you have any questions. Per University Registrar deadlines for processing, Change of School applications for the fall semester will be accepted until the last Friday in October of each school year; Change of School applications for the spring semester will be accepted until the last Friday in March of each school year.
- November 1 - Priority scholarship deadline for incoming freshmen
- December 1 - Deadline to apply for the Self Engineering Leadership Fellows Program for incoming freshmen
- May 1 - Enrollment Deposit Due
- Last Friday in October - Deadline to submit Change of School applications for fall semester admission
- Last Friday in March - Deadline to submit Change of School applications for spring semester admission