Forms needed to conduct School of Engineering business

We are largely online as of 3.17.20, but we are still here to help! Any form below that is not already a webform can be submitted by following these steps:

  1. Print the form
  2. Fill out ALL of the parts of the form, being sure to sign where it asks for a signature (if you have the capability to fill out the form electronically, that works, too)
  3. Scan or take a clear photo of your form and email it to

If you have any questions or need assistance, please reach out to 785-864-3881, use the email above, or email Dawn Shew at

Here are several of the most commonly used student academic forms. Be sure to check the Office of the University Registrar for additional forms that may be applicable.

Add/Drop a Class

Application for Degree

Change of Engineering Major

Change of School

Change of Section

Course Selection Form

Course Substitution Petition

Credit Transfer

Prerequisite Waiver

Retroactive Withdrawal Petition (for Retroactive Withdrawals from Spring 2020 forward, please use this form.)

Student Organization Room Reservation Request

Transfer Contract

Validation Petition

Withdrawal Form

30-Hour Requirement Exception Request

One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times