Student Organization Funding (FAC)
Funding for engineering student organizations is awarded through the Engineering Funding Advisory Committee (FAC). The purpose of FAC is to make recommendations to the School of Engineering's Associate Dean of Academic Affairs in regards to financial support for engineering student organizations. This financial support shall serve as partial funding for events held throughout the academic year.
For FAC eligibility in the 2021-2022 school year, each engineering student organization is required to commit to the following:
- Re-register your organization in Rock Chalk Central by September 10th, 2021
- Participate in at least one of the following Fall Welcome Back Recruiting Events
- Engineers Rock the Block on Saturday, August 21 from 3-5pm Engineers Rock the Block Registration
- Host a Group Info Session during Hawk Week
- Attend 2/3 of general ESC Meetings (occurring on the first Thursday of every month from 6-7pm)
- Make a presentation at a general ESC meeting of no more than 3 minutes outlining their purpose in addition to demonstrating their projects and activities. This presentation must take place during either the Fall 2021 or Spring 2022 semester
- Participate in the Engineering EXPO
A complete application package consists of the following items submitted:
- FAC Application
- Completed Budget Formula.
- Student organization PowerPoint presentation.
The application will be explained in depth at the first general ESC meeting.
Application packages will be due on Friday, September 10th by 5pm.
Please send complete application packages along with any questions to Peyton Panovich, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Receiving Funding Allocation for Spending Use
Once a FAC allocation award amount has been released to a group, the funding will automatically be distributed through respective departments. Groups are required to "Match" the amount of allocated funds through outside fundraising. Check-ins will be completed at the end of the fall semester to monitor progress towards "Match" amount. Documentation of match will be required at the end of spring semester.
Please review purchasing guidelines for FAC allocations.
The 2021-2022 FAC Meeting Dates have been scheduled for the following dates:
- First General Engineering Student Council (ESC) Meeting - Thursday, August 26 at 6pm. in G411 LEEP2
- S1 Proposal - Monday, September 13th, 2021 at 6pm
- Applications due Friday, September 10th, 2021 by 5pm
- S2 Proposal - Monday, February 7th, 2022 at 6pm
- Applications due Friday February 4th, 2022 by 5pm
State of the Organization Reports
The State of the Organization Report Template is located in the "FAC Documents Google Drive" Link below