Student Organization Funding (FAC)
Funding for engineering student organizations is awarded through the Engineering Funding Advisory Committee (FAC). The purpose of FAC is to make recommendations to the School of Engineering's Associate Dean of Academic Affairs in regards to financial support for engineering student organizations. This financial support shall serve as partial funding for events held throughout the academic year.
For FAC eligibility in the 2019-2020 school year, each engineering student group is required to commit to the following:
- Have a representative at 2/3 of ESC General Meetings occuring on the first thursday of every month in LEEP2 2425 from 6-7pm.
- Make a presentation at a general ESC meeting of no more than 3 minutes outlining their purpose in addition to demonstrating their projects and activities. This presentation must take place during either the Fall 2019 or Spring 2020 semester.
- Attend the first Student Organization Finance Workshop.
- Participate in the Engineering EXPO.
A complete application package consists of the following items submitted:
- FAC Application, pdf format.
- A completed Budget Formula document, pdf format.
- Departmental Match Form, pdf format. This form does not need to be included with the application package, but will need to be submitted before the start of your student group presentation.
- Student organization PowerPoint presentation.
The application will be explained in depth at the Student Organization Finance Workshop. Application packages will be due on the Friday before that quarter’s FAC meeting by 5pm.
The 2019-2020 FAC Meeting Dates have been scheduled for the following dates:
- First Student Organization Finance Workshop - Tuesday, September 3rd @ 6pm (LEEP2 2415)
- Q1 - Monday, September 9th, 2019 at 6pm
- Q2 - Monday, November 11th, 2019 at 6pm
- Q3 - Monday, January 27th, 2020 at 6pm
- Q4 - Monday, April 6th, 2020 at 6pm
Please send complete application packages along with any questions to Quinton Jones, email@example.com.